War of the Burning Sands
Scourge of Rkard
The steel of this sword is like no other, having an almost ivory sheen, and its polished surface is as reflective as the finest mirror. The pommel is wrapped in hide and the tang is engraved with ancient symbols of power.
- Weapon Type: Bastard Sword
- Proficiency Bonus: +3
- Damage: 1d10
- Range: —
- Price: —
- Weight: 6 lb.
- Group: Heavy Blade
- Properties: Versatile
- Enhancement Bonus: +4 to attack rolls and damage rolls (+6 versus defilers)
- Critical: +4d12 damage
- Versatile: One-handed, but can be used two-handed to deal an extra 1 point of damage
- This weapon is immune to reckless breakage on critical misses.
- Whenever you roll the maximum result on any damage die for this weapon, roll that die again and add the additional result to the damage total. If a reroll results in another maximum damage result, roll it again and keep adding.
- You gain a +2 insight bonus to all defenses.
- You are immune to poison.
- If the Scourge of Rkard is broken, the two pieces can mend themselves if held together for a period of one month. During this time, none of the sword’s properties or powers function. While two broken pieces of the sword are apart, each piece issues a black ichor. Anything that comes into contact with this ooze suffers 20d6 points of acid damage per round until consumed by it, dissolving into nothingness. The ooze can only be removed if fire is applied to it within one minute of exposure.
- Should the wielder of the Scourge of Rkard ever come within 300 feet of a defiler, the Scourge of Rkard makes a special attack against your Will, rolling 1d20 + your level. If this attack hits, you must attack the defiler outright. As far as the wielder of the Scourge of Rkard is concerned, this is a confrontation to the death.
- Should the Scourge of Rkard ever again drink the blood of a dwarf, there is a chance that the sword’s original purpose—the destruction of the dwarven race—will be revived. For each dwarf that is slain by the Scourge of Rkard, there is a cumulative 5% chance that the possessor will take up the mantle of the Butcher of Dwarves and attempt to finish killing all the dwarves on Athas. Only the death of the afflicted user can free them from this savage need to massacre the dwarven race.
- Butchering Blade (Daily * Martial): Free Action. Trigger: You hit with the Scourge of Rkard. Effect: Deal an extra 3d12 damage with the attack.
- Battle Rally (Daily * Martial): Standard Action. Close burst 10. Target: Each ally in burst. Effect: Each target receives a +2 power bonus to all attack and damage rolls and a +2 power bonus to all defenses until the end of the encounter or the wielder of the Scourge of Rkard is incapacitated.