War of the Burning Sands
Stel Control Rod
A short rod composed of some small humanoid's vertebrae, fused together by strands of silver. The hand grip is dark and rough, with indentations for the thumb and forefinger.
- Implement (Rod)
- Price: 4,200 gp
- Enhancement Bonus: +3 to attack rolls and damage rolls
- Critical: +2d8 psionic damage
- This rod grants control over creatures of the animate type that are wearing the accompanying control circlet. It may also be used as a weapon or implement for the use of powers with the psionic keyword.
- In order to establish control over such a creature, the user must first make a Charisma-based ranged basic attack against the creature’s Will defense. If the attack succeeds, the user has taken control of the creature’s mind.
- For each creature controlled in this way, the user must expend one minor action per round to maintain the bond. The user does not need to continue to wield the rod in order to do so. If the user is wielding the rod, the user may issue one command to the controlled creature as a part of this minor action. This command must be simple and have a single objective, such as “kill that enemy,” “carry that object,” or “defend me.” The controlled creature will then carry out that command until it is complete, it receives a new command, control is broken, or it is destroyed.
- At the beginning of each round of active combat that the user maintains control of a creature’s mind, the user must make a save. If the user fails three consecutive saves, control is broken and must be re-established.